Vaillant Boiler Warranty
All new Vaillant boilers come with a standard warranty, which is designed to enable you to get a free boiler repair should any manufacturing faults occur during the warranty period. The warranty period will vary from 2 to 5 years but you could benefit from an extended warranty depending on which model you buy and who you get to install the boiler. You could say that a Vaillant boiler warranty is a bit like an insurance policy in that it covers you for certain things provided you adhere to the terms and conditions of the policy or, in this case, the warranty.
If you’re looking to purchase a Vaillant boiler and want to know more about the manufacturer’s warranty you’ll receive, just keep reading to find out all the important details.
What Does a Vaillant Boiler Warranty Cover?
A Vaillant boiler warranty covers all of the components against manufacturing defects, meaning the boiler components will only be repaired or replaced free of charge if the defect relates to the manufacture of the boiler. The warranty does not apply to anything other than the major boiler components, so all external heating system parts (like room thermostats) are not covered. You should also know that all repairs must be carried out by a Vaillant service engineer or Vaillant authorised engineer.
What are the Terms and Conditions of a Vaillant Boiler Warranty?
For the full terms and conditions, you’ll need to visit the Vaillant website. We recommend you read through them very carefully to ensure you know what steps you need to take to keep your boiler warranty valid. If you don’t adhere to the terms and conditions, Vaillant can void all of your warranty.
You can discover just some (NOT ALL) of the Vaillant boiler warranty terms and conditions below.
- The installation and commissioning of your Vaillant boiler must be carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer within 6 months of despatch of the boiler from Vaillant’s warehouse.
- All work carried out must be in accordance with the installation manual and Vaillant’s terms and conditions.
- The benchmark logbook must be completed by the Gas safe registered installer when the boiler is being installed and kept on site for inspection during an engineer’s visit.
- The warranty starts from the date of installation.
- The warranty must be registered within 30 days of installation. If this condition is not met, the guarantee will revert to 12 months from the installation date.
- Vaillant requires proof of purchase (an invoice or completed benchmark logbook) to validate the warranty. Without this, the guarantee will commence from the date of manufacture.
- The boiler must be serviced every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer in accordance with Vaillant’s instructions.
- All service details must be recorded in the benchmark logbook.
- The warranty applies only to boiler component failures and covers material and labour charges to repair or replace components within the boiler against manufacturing defects.
- Invoices for repair or attendance of the boiler by third parties will not be accepted for payment unless pre-authorised in writing by Vaillant.
- If any boiler component failure is caused by contaminated water, you will be charged the engineer’s call-out fee.
- The warranty will void if the boiler is moved to another property without written consent from Vaillant.
- The warranty does not cover installation in mobile leisure accommodation vehicles, such as boats and caravans.
- The use of any non-genuine Vaillant spare parts in any repair will invalidate the warranty.
How Do You Register Your Vaillant Boiler Warranty?
You can register your boiler warranty online via the Vaillant website but this has to be completed within 30 days of installing your boiler. When registering your warranty, you’ll need the 28 digit boiler serial number, the date of installation and the Gas safe registration number of your installer.
How Long Does it Last?
Standard Vaillant boiler warranties range from 2 to 5 years and the length of your warranty comes down to which model you choose. Vaillant has been known to offer extended warranty periods of up to 10 years for boilers that are installed by Vaillant Advance installers, so you might want to check if there are any warranty upgrade offers available at the time of purchase.
Important Things to Remember
As we mentioned above, Vaillant sometimes offers exclusive extended warranties through Vaillant Advance installers, so it pays to look into this before selecting a new boiler. Once you buy your Vaillant boiler and get it installed, don’t forget you have only 30 days to go online and register the warranty. Whilst you’re registering the warranty at the Vaillant website, remember to read through all of the warranty terms and conditions to be clued up from the word go. Your warranty is there to give you peace of mind that you won’t need to fork out for certain repair costs, which is why it’s so important to learn the details and understand the conditions.